American Family Medical websites offer complimentary information as an interactive community service at no charge to users of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that the use of this American Family Medical website implies your acceptance of all terms and conditions. American Family Medical reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, without notice.
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.
Disclaimer of Warranty
American Family Medical makes no warranties of any kind regarding, but not limited to, the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of this website’s content. Some information herein may cite the use of a product in a dosage, for an indication, or in a manner other than that recommended in the product labeling. Accordingly, any product’s official prescribing information should be consulted before any such product is used.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to hold harmless American Family Medical, its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and volunteers from all claims relating to this website and any website to which it is linked.
Third Party Sites
American Family Medical has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which American Family Medical has no control. American Family Medical and its service providers do not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and is not responsible or liable for the services or other materials on or available from such sites. American Family Medical shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, or products or services available on or through such sites.
Usage of Content
Unless noted otherwise, all information contained on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, icons and images is copyrighted by and property of American Family Medical, and may not be copied, altered, stored or otherwise used in whole or part without the express consent of American Family Medical. The user may make one copy of the content of any page of this website for personal and noncommercial use which does not harm the reputation of American Family Medical, provided the user does not remove any trademarks or copyrights, and does not alter content.
American Family Medical encourages and permits text links to content on any American Family Medical website, provided: (a) the purpose of the link must not be to damage the reputation of American Family Medical and its service providers, (b) the appearance of the link must not create a false appearance that any entity other than American Family Medical is associated with any American Family Medical clinic or business entity, (b) when activated, the link must open in full-screen, and not as a framed “pop-up” on the linked website; and (d) American Family Medical reserves the right to revoke consent to any link and any time at its sole discretion by amending this User Agreement.
American Family Medical Guidelines for Social Media
We look forward to sharing information in our dynamic web communities and encourage you to engage in the ongoing conversations. Of course, we realize that not everyone will have the same opinions. Therefore, we must, at all times, show mutual respect to all of the members in our community, even when we disagree.
1. In order to post on a American Family Medical social media site, you must be 18 years of age or older.
2. In an effort to protect your privacy, you are prohibited from posting any information or content that is related to your personal health information, including but not limited to images, health records or any data, on a American Family Medical social media site.
3. Our social media sites should not be used to provide any sort of medical commentary or advice by physicians, not related to American Family Medical, or to provide medical advice or commentary from any physicians not affiliated with American Family Medical.
4. American Family Medical social media sites are not to be used for solicitation of business or healthcare referrals, unless authorized by an officer of American Family Medical Regional Medical Center.
5. As a member of our community, posting content to any American Family Medical social media site, you are agreeing not to partake in the following activities:
a. Violating any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations including, but not limited to, copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this policy.
b. Sharing content or material that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, obscene, defamatory, abusive, intimidating or offensive. Further, you agree to refrain from posting advertisements, solicitations or “spam” of any kind. American Family Medical reserves the right to determine what material is appropriate for its social media sites. American Family Medical will remove any material it, in its sole discretion, determines is inappropriate.
c. Impersonating any person or entity or falsely stating or misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
d. Sharing any material that is not yours to share or you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
e. Transmitting any material that infringes upon a patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
6. American Family Medical has the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict or block your access to any of its social media properties, at any time and without your notice, for any reason, and in our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to remove, delete, or block any content or materials in our sole discretion, regardless of whether such material violates the standards set forth herein.
7. Please be aware that American Family Medical may disclose any of your communications or activities, if required, by the lawful requests of federal and state governmental authorities, in relation to the Patriot Act requests, judicial or administrative orders, or for the protection of American Family Medical’s rights. In the event American Family Medical must exercise these rights, for any reason, we shall not be held liable by any party.
8. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to our social media sites. Instead, contact American Family Medical by phone or in writing. Blog or other postings to our social media sites may also constitute public records. Do not share content or other material on our social media sites if you do not want the content or material released in response to a public records request.
9. Content or material posted on American Family Medical social media sites is considered the property of American Family Medical. By posting on a American Family Medical social media site, you agree to give American Family Medical the irrevocable right to right to reproduce, distribute, edit, transmit, display, create derivative works from or otherwise use for American Family Medical’s benefit any and all such content or material for any purpose, in any form and on any media, and also gives American Family Medical the permission to create derivative works from your content or material. We are also able to edit or modify such content or material, and use it for other American Family Medical purposes.
10. By posting on a American Family Medical social media site, you are acknowledging that you will assume all responsibility as it relates to your security, confidentiality and privacy risks that are inherent when sharing content over the Internet. American Family Medical is not able to and does not claim to control any third party sites in which you may choose to send any of your information or any other content. When sharing content via the Internet you should think carefully with respect to your own privacy and that of your family’s.
11. We prohibit the sharing or transmittal of any content that contains product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, contributions or solicitations. American Family Medical also prohibits use of American Family Medical social media site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use of our community to discuss political campaigns, legislation or laws.
By participating in American Family Medical’s social media, you agree to indemnify American Family Medical against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of third party claims relating to content or material you posted on American Family Medical’s social media.
By participating in American Family Medical’s social media, you further agree to accept the terms of American Family Medical’s social media participation policy, as set forth herein. Failure to accept these terms will result in your inability to participate in American Family Medical’s social media.
American Family Medical will update its social media policy frequently and without notice. The updated policy will govern your usage and you must remain in compliance until the policy is updated once again. Please check back frequently to review our policy, at regular intervals, as we make updates or changes to these guidelines. Your continued posting of content to our social media sites is acceptance to any and all modifications to this policy.
Communicating with the office
This website, social media websites and any other website we link to is in no way a line of communication between doctor and patient, nor is it line of communication for medical advice. There is no substitute for calling or communicating with the office directly.